Porcel-Thin Named “Best UK Porcelain Tile Manufacturer”
Extra, extra, read all about it… Porcel-Thin’s ground-breaking contribution to the tiling industry has at last been recognised! Our thin porcelain tile brand has been named “Best Porcelain Tile Manufacturer – UK” at Corporate Vision’s 2017 Business Innovator Awards.
Each year, Corporate Vision (CV), a business publication with a worldwide circulation of 130,000, celebrates the achievements of stand-out pioneers. Pulling in over 551,000 page views over the last 12 months, CV has a solid network of industry partners who help select varied and deserving Business Innovator Award nominees. This year the list included Porcel-Thin – the revolutionary ultra-thin porcelain tile brand. On choosing the award-winners, CV says:
“We’re fiercely passionate about recognising outstanding achievement, game-changing innovation and stellar performance, and all of our awards are carefully tailored to provide detailed and in-depth analysis of the very best each market, industry, sector and region has to offer.
We’re only interested in recognising the very best so, no matter how big a business is, nobody can buy their way to success.
Each award is carefully scrutinised, from a nominee's region to their performance over the past 12 months, their commitment to innovation, their methods and even their competition to ensure that only the most deserving firms walk away with one of our prestigious trophies.”
Are you in any doubt about what’s extra innovative about Porcel-Thin?
The extra-magnificent seven
- Extra-thin – Less than half the weight and thickness (4.8mm-5.5mm) of conventional porcelain tiles (13mm), Porcel-Thin tiles are so thin they can be applied over existing tiles, reducing the time and costs of removal and making good. They can also be cut easily with conventional tiling tools.
- Extra-large – As they are light-weight, our extra-large format (900x900mm, 1200x600mm, 1800x900mm and 2400x1200mm) tiles that can be handled by one person, allowing less labour, faster coverage and fewer grout lines.
- Extra-eco – The production of Porcel-Thin tiles is more environmentally-friendly than that of ceramic tiles, using 60% less mineral resources and 40% less energy while creating 50% less carbon and other solid emissions.
- Extra-dry – Our high quality water-resistant and frost-resistant thin porcelain tiles offer ultra-low water absorption of below 0.5%, which is streets ahead of the industry standard (2-3%).
- Extra hygiene – Bac-Tech, our cutting-edge antibacterial porcelain tiles are packed with Zinc Oxide nanoparticles throughout, which offer lasting protection against dangerous bacteria such as MRSA, MSSA.
- Extra performance – As well as being stronger than conventional tiles, our porcelain tiles do not warp or bend when installed nor do they crack or fade. They are also resistant to fire and heat and less likely to fracture when exposed to extremes of temperature.
- Extra choice – Offering 20 collections in myriad colours, effects and finishes, we continue to revolutionise the tile market. Porcel-Thin tiles are the ideal choice for walls, floors, bathrooms, kitchens and all commercial and domestic projects – both interior and exterior.
Porcel-Thin’s Managing Director Ray Smith, pleased as punch when presented with the Best Porcelain Tile Manufacturer – UK award, said:
“We’re delighted to win this award. The Porcel-Thin brand has a lot to offer with its lightweight yet incredibly strong porcelain tile technology and easy to use large-format design.
While our tiles have already proved popular with interior designers and specifiers working on luxury commercial and residential projects nationwide and abroad, our new Bac-Tech tiles, which contain Zinc Oxide nanoparticles to their core for ultimate control over harmful bacteria, have introduced Porcel-Thin to a whole new market – the healthcare industry.
Our extra-large (2400x1200mmx5.5mm) Leviathan range is a big hit too. These stunning slabs of marble-effect porcelain look like the real deal but cover walls and floors with fewer grout lines in record time. They’re on special offer until the end of October, so don’t miss out!
We want to continue to make Porcel-Thin the go-to wall and floor tile brand, offering quality, safety and style for projects indoors and outdoors. It’s fantastic for Porcel-Thin to be recognised as the best manufacturer of porcelain tiles. Here’s to another excellent year and many more tile collections for our award-winning portfolio!”
It’s a fact, Porcel-Thin deliver extra! Discover our extra-special award-winning porcelain tile collection here.
11th September 2017